Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Every once in a while I get to read a book. Correction; I read books every single day but every once in a while I'll finish a book. Over the past couple of days I've been reading a book called I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt by Vince Antonucci. I must be honest, I picked it up because I thought the name of it was funny and I hate those t-shirts. I read through the first couple of chapters and liked the style of the writer so I picked it up.

The general premise is based on the comparison of a little girl whose family
goes to Florida without her. The author states that the little girl is still part of the family but she missed out on the adventure of the trip. Likewise there are people in the world who become Christians but they are still become unsatisfied with life. The author contends that they are like the little girl in that they are part of God's family but they are missing out on the adventure of truly following after God.

This isn't the deepest book on spiritual matters but it's not supposed to be. It's about looking at your life and figuring out if you are truly on the adventure of following God or are you simply wearing the t-shirt saying that you missed the adventure all together.

It's pretty funny although there are a lot of over the top jokes that make you roll your eyes. It's definitely worth reading and giving thought to where are we when it comes to joining God in his grand adventure...

talk to you later.
jon

No comments:

Post a Comment